Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I've been busy

We had some rain over the weekend and I took the opportunity to be very busy in my sewing room.
I made binding for a quilt that's needed binding for about two months.



I sewed a bunch of my red and white blocks into 'foursies.'  It may not look like much but I pinned stacks of them onto my design wall.  I got so sick of having them on my sewing table.  I need 56 'foursies.'  So far I have 40 done!!  Yay!


Next, I started pressing open a bunch of bonus triangles that were given to me at the last retreat I attended in August.


Here is how little they are even before trimming.


Not sure what I'll do with them yet but you can be sure I'll post something when I decide.

I also did a bit of cooking on Sunday.  I made two meatloaves - don't laugh, I love meatloaf and DH requested it!! I also made a Moroccan Meatball Stew.  It smelled good but we probably won't eat it till tonight or tomorrow night.  I like cooking ahead because I get home from work so late that being able to get a good dinner on the table in 15 minutes makes a few hours of weekend cooking worth the effort.

I hope your week is going well so far.

“It pays to plan ahead. 
It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.”


4 comments:

  1. Wow... you sure were busy... that's a lot of stuff done!

    I love meatloaf too... including leftover meatloaf sandwiches! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meatloaf too! I really love leftover meatloaf sandwiches (cold). Your very close on your foursies! I get the same way-hate having stuff piled up on my sewing table or ironing board. It makes me feel flustered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I am often the recipient of bonus HSTs too! At sewing camp one time I grabbed some out of the trash that someone was throwing away and now people bring me all sorts of random stuff. Oh well, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the red design - it just stands out!!! I see your cheddar JL QAL blcoks too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.