Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fabric Swaps



I love fabric swaps.  I used to participate in them frequently when I was making my Dear Jane.  It was the best way to get a big variety of fabric.  Since I have a great love of very scrappy quilts, I've gotten involved in swapping fabric with the Quiltville Swap group.




The theme this round is black and white.  They are also having an additional red swap.  I signed up for 10 sets of Black and White and 5 sets of Red.  That means I send in 10 sets of ten different strips of B&W and 5 sets of ten different Reds.  I will get back 100 different B & W strips and 50 different Red strips.  YAY!!

Have you ever participated in a fabric swap?

Variety is the very spice of life that gives it all its flavour.
-- William Cowper

2 comments:

  1. I've never participated in one of those swaps - how does that work exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated in a chunky churn dash block swap with Quiltville Swap in 2010. We did 3 different swaps, one per month over a 3 month period and I ended up with nearly all the blocks needed for a quilt. It was a lot of fun. I'll probably join in again when things settle down.

    Will you be participating in Bonnie's new mystery?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.