Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quilters Run

In Southern California we have an annual Southern California Quilters Run. It's a lot of fun but there are 38 shops to see in two long weekends.  And So Cal is BIG.  Two of my good friends and I decided to tackle three shops.  Can we say weak? 


The map is not to scale but to give you an idea the distance between 37 and 38 WAY at the bottom is about 12 miles and the distance out to #24 is about 110 miles.  We managed to spend a little money at Amethyst Quilts, Memory Lane Quilts, and Cozy Quilt Shop.  Just those three shops (OK, we might have stopped at a shop not on the Run, and we may or may not have stopped for the most delicious tacos ever!) took us 5 hours.  I can't imagine how much time it must take to visit all 38 shops.

Have you ever gone on or completed a Quilter's Run?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, to have soo many quilt shops available! you are lucky! but you didn't show us your goodies from the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have shop hopped 14 quilt stores in one day around the perimeter of Atlanta. It was probably in the ~70 mile range. With current gas prices, don't know that I can do that again. Will save gas money and spend more on fabric at my LQS.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.