Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ta Da!

I wrote that I wouldn't post another Toucan photo till the quilt was done.
Here it is:


My photo is a little shaky but I still wanted to write a post about it. 

I made this quilt in response to our annual guild challenge.  We all got the same instructions:
1. start with a center block of your choosing in whatever size. (I chose a mola from my MIL)
2. First border is five inches and much have something curved (in mine, sides, and top)
3. Second border was two inches and something dimensional (bottom border)
4. final border, 3 inches and it had to contain letters of some sort. (mine reads, "If Toucan, Three Can")

I had so much fun with this.  It challenged me to do things I normally don't do: applique, printing on fabric, dimensional flowers.

AND!  It won an award. The "I wish I'd thought of that" award.

Here are photos of the other entries.  Remember, we ALL had the SAME instructions/guidelines.

This one won the "Warm and snuggly" award.






This one (It's sideways, I hate it when Blogger does that) won the "One I'd like to have in my home" award.







This one won the "WOW!" award

Aren't they all fabulous!?  
Do you belong to a guild?  Do you ever participate in their challenges?

Here's a nice quote:
“ Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others 
without getting a few drops on yourself. ”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go splash some perfume around.


1 comment:

  1. I love how your toucan quilt turned out... great job! And congratulations on winning an award... I totally see how that happened with your gorgeous quilt.

    There are two local quilt guilds... both meet during the day, during the week... I guess I'll have to wait til I retire...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.