Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Working out

I know my husband thinks all I do is work and quilt.  Most of my friends think the same thing.  Sometimes I think the same thing.  It's not really true, though.

Sometimes I do a load of laundry - not often but sometimes.  I cook the occasional meal - not fancy and no more than 3 ingredients, but sometimes I do.  I make granola.  I do this as frequently as I need to because it is an integral ingredient in my breakfast.

The other thing I do regularly is exercise.
Who wouldn't when you get to see things like this on your walks:



The top photo is one of the many gorgeous views I get to see in my neighborhood. It's fuzzy but it is the bay as seen from the top of a hill in a local park.
The second photo is Izzy making friends with a puppy we met.  Fuzzy again because they wouldn't hold still - imagine that!  But what could be cuter?  I think at least 4 people took this opportunity to get a photo and it was 6:45 AM.

For the last 10 years I have been meeting a friend and walking about 4 miles 4-5 days a week.  About 1 month ago I decided that wasn't enough because I'm not as strong as I think I should be.  So, I joined a boot camp.  OMG!!  It's hard but I am discovering muscles in places that I only faintly remember.  It's good, though.
If you don't exercise, look into something like this.

Fortune favors the brave.
                           -Virgil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.