Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

June's UFO Challenge

Well, Judy pulled number 8 for June.  Here is what I have ahead of me:


I am actually very happy to have this quilt pop up.  I think Maddy will be happy to receive this unexpected quilt made from her husband's Hawaiian shirts. I  added the black sashing and blue border and I think they complement the shirts perfectly.  I still need to find a backing, quilt and bind it.

I have to admit that this challenge has pushed me to get over my fear of quilting.  I've finished more than the five challenge quilts this year and I am feeling much more confident on our Tin Lizzie machine.  At first she and I fought a lot about tension and breaking threads.  As I've grown more secure in my abilities, she seems to have given up asserting her dominance.  Hmm, this is reminding me of raising dogs.

Have a great day and remember,

It's not who you are that holds you back, 
it's who you think you're not.  
                        ~Author Unknown



1 comment:

  1. You're making great progress... this quilt is going to be gorgeous and I know your friend will be thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.