I have been busy sewing and not blogging! Obviously.
Here is what is on my wall today:
This is only 16 of the more than 50 blocks I've made in the last few days.
I went a little crazy.
Here was the impetus behind my frenzy:
This is just a small part of my strip stash. Read that again: "A. Small. Part." As in I must have at LEAST three times this amount of strips.
I started with the strips in the wire basket. I separated them into lights and darks, putting aside most of the mediums because I like a high contrast in my scrap quilts. I paired a red strip with a dark strip, sewed them together and sliced them in to various widths, most about 1.5 inches wide. Then I just continued adding lights and darks as in any traditional log cabin block. I just couldn't stop. Keep checking back, I'm sure I will be well over 100 soon.