Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Don't Only Quilt


On Saturday I bribed my DS1 to come home for the weekend and be my slave in exchange for paying his car registration.  #1 on the list was to help me replant the pots at my office.



It isn't nearly as impressive as the flower gardens I see on some of the Midwest blogs but I guess I'll put up with my puny flowers in exchange for our glorious weather here in Southern California.

I learned a really cool way to get rid of ants from one of my clients.  She adds a dose of Advantage Flea stuff to a small bottle of honey - you know, one of those Honey bears - then puts drops of it in places where pets can't get to.  Well, we've had quite an infestation this year.  They come in the house looking for water when it gets hot.  It's rather disconcerting to be in the bathroom, minding your own business when you notice ants crawling up your leg.  EWW!  I took a very small amount of honey and squeezed in a few drops of Advantage after we applied Izzy's monthly dose.  I put a few drops of the mixture here and there in the bathroom and by today NO ANTS.  If you use this trick be sure to label it POISON very clearly. 

Have a great day and keep those garden photos coming.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the ant tip! we get them in the early spring.

    glad you went with the blue border it is unexpected and looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.