Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Little Getaway


Two weekends ago (I'm a bit behind in my posts) DH and I and some friends headed up to Sonoma County for our annual trip.  Each year we try to do something that pushes our boundaries a little.  I was in charge of the trip this year and that was what pushed my boundaries.  I hate planning trips for other people.  I am always so worried that I'll screw it up or that no one will have fun.  It's pretty nerve-wracking for me.

Well, the trip was great and we had a blast.  Here are a few photos:



 We took a balloon ride which really pushed one of the gang who is afraid of heights.

  
We played with a shark!! have you seen the you tube video on these?  They're called Air Swimmers
and they are a blast!  We had fun with it for a very long time.


Some times we just sat out on the deck and watched the Russian River roll by.

No quilting got done but I had a fabulous weekend with good friends.  My plan was a success.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about planning trips-stressful. Just sitting on that deck looks so relaxing, nothing like watching water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm just a planner by nature... and while planning a trip for others would be a bit more stressful than general planning, it doesn't bother me that much.

    I will be checking out that air swimming shark.... methinks it would be very popular at our next family get-together!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.