Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Here is why I still have UFOs

I could have quilted all weekend and finished up some long-overdue projects.  Instead, I hung out with one of my oldest friends (there must be a better way to describe a friendship you've had since high school).  Julie lives in Arizona but she gets to So Cal as often as she can. 

It just happened that there was a Hollywood fundraiser happening that Hugh Jackman may or may not have been co-chairing.  Julie is an absolute nut about Mr. Jackman and she will do most anything to get to see him perform.  I have been a more-than-willing accomplice to her mania.  We have traveled to NYC to see him on Broadway, we even went to Australia to see him perform (don't judge!).  So, heading up the highway to Culver City wasn't such a big deal.  As it turns out, he had other commitments and couldn't make it this year.  He's co-chaired the event for the six previous years so buying tickets was a pretty good bet.  Sigh. 

BUT, we did get to see a bunch of very cool stars perform some fun songs from old Broadway plays that have also been movies, such as Xanadu, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, Tommy, and more.

Catherine Zeta-Jones was the chair


Angela Landsbury was her co-chair


Carol Channing (!!) also performed something from Hello Dolly.  It was fun and worth the trip up there.
In December, we are making another pilgrimage to NYC to see Himself perform on Broadway.  Julie's  already been to San Francisco and Toronto to see the show.  Did I say how nuts she is about him??  The upside of her passion is that she totally gets why I go to quilt shows and why I will go to Houston or Paducah.  We are also going to see a special exhibit of quilts while we are in NYC.  Is she a good friend or what?

Chase down your passion like it's the last bus of the night.  

                                                                      ~Terri Guillemets


1 comment:

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.