Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Scrap Bin Show and Tell

A few clever people sent me photos of the scrap bins they made from my tutorial.

Look at the adorable bin Impera Magna made:



She even improved on my methods by using spray adhesive




Isn't Rhonda's adorable?


I am embarrassed to admit that I got a third photo from Texana (her HGTV forum name),  She sent me a nice note with the photo asking if she could post it on the HGTV forum.  She posted it and gave me a very nice shout out.  THANKS!  BUT, I have searched and searched all my messages and I can't find hers.  I really wanted to post it here because she came up with a clever, alternate way to fasten the ends of the boxes closed.  She didn't have enough fabric to overlap the ends so she added a tab on the top flap.  It worked really well.  If you are reading this, resend me the picture and I'll edit this post.

I spent the last two and a half days with my behind firmly planted in another of those educational seminars I am forced to take for my work.  Since I got more than a few supportive comments about feeling guilty when I do handwork in these seminars, I went ahead and brought some with me.  Most of the speakers were SO BORING that I got a lot accomplished.  During breaks I noticed one gal working a counted cross stitch and another knitting.  So I think I am in good company.  All of the blocks I am working on are for an as-yet-unselected UFO from Judy's challenge.  If I only had one more seminar, I think I would get all the Applique done.  

It's late and I must get to bed.  Tomorrow I am going to quilt the February UFO and get the binding attached.  I'll still have to stitch the binding down and add a label before Monday night.  YIKES!   Wish me good luck.

I think this is an appropriate quote for tomorrow:

"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance."
                                                                 ~ Samuel Johnson 



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Chris!

    I used my handy-dandy scrap bin for the first time for this past Friday Night Sew-In to catch all those pieces of thread resulting from sewing down binding on a quilt. It worked perfectly and sat right beside me on the sofa. Sooooo much nicer than thread nests on the arm of the sofa!

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ----Freda

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.