Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday is my Friday!!

I only go to the office four days a week so that means I have to rustle up some wisdom for my weekend.  YIKES!  No one would ever accuse me of being wise.  I guess I hoped the title might inspire me.

 

I was asked the name of my "thread stealer."  Her name is Isobel.  We call her Izzy most often or Esmeralda when she is being bad.  She is the 6th Great Dane I've had.  She is by far the most willful, stubborn, and fun dog we have ever had living with us. I take her to work with me.  She is a good dog most of the time but by evening, when I am finishing paperwork or just wasting time reading blogs, she gets antsy and starts to misbehave.  Tonight it was her favorite game "Make the human fetch my ball."  It goes like this:  She finds one of her many balls, bounces it around for a while then throws it under a piece of furniture just out of her reach.  The whining and woofing commences and continues until one of us gets on our belly and fishes it out for her.  Because I am gullible and trusting, I give it back to her.  Repeat.

I just snuck her into my husband's office (with him) so I could finish up my paperwork and write this post. Five minutes later my office door s-l-o-w-l-y opened as he returned her to me.  This went back and forth a few times but I finally whined slightly louder than Izzy "I have paperwork to finish" and he took her back with him. 

The top picture shows her at about 5 months old "at work" sitting in my chair.  The bottom photo is more recent. She is on her couch at home, evidently exhausted after a day at work.

No quilty pictures today but I spent all day yesterday at a fun workshop by Karen Cunagin.  She taught us some free-form string piecing.  I'll post a picture of what I did in class later.  It is certainly out of my comfort zone but I think that is what helps us grow.  Eleanor Roosevelt is quoted as saying, "Do one thing everyday that scares you."  And that's my wisdom for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.