Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Christmas Quilt Entry

I was very excited to read that SewCal Gal is having a Christmas Quilt contest, you can read about it here.  I had just finished two christmas quilts and thought that one of them would make a cute entry.  I took my photos, cropped, sized, all that good stuff so I could post them here.  Here is what I get from Blogger:


I have tried EVERYTHING to get it vertical.  HELP ME!!!
It's called "Snow People Have lives, Too".  If you turn your head to the side, the quilt tells a little story.  Here is my DH's version: The snowman in the top is a poor pathetic guy, he meets someone, gets married but inevitably goofs off and makes her mad.  In the final block, the snow woman is happy, she is with her child and they are getting ready for Christmas.  To my DH it's obvious that she dumped the loser snowman.

Here is the second quilt I just finished.  It's called "Audrey's Gift."  One of my fellow guild member, Audrey, knowing my fondness for 1/2 square triangles, gifted me a box of them.. A box the size of a ream of paper STUFFED with them.  It wouldn't seem that you could get much from a box that size, but so far I have made a bed-sized quilt, a small wall hanging (UFO :( still) and this one.  I had a lot of fun combing through the squares and trying to come up with a color scheme.The borders are actually even -- my photo skills are NOT!

Check out the contest. There are some Fabulous prizes that will be given away.

Enjoy.

22 comments:

  1. I use I photo library, and all I need to do is right click on the link that says rotate, then I rotate my picture until it is how I want it. You will eventually figure it out.
    I just adore snowmen, they are all so cute.
    You should check out my sewing challenge blog, here at Paula's Sewing Challenges, you could enter both these christmas projects, and be in a chance of winning a little something, something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind the photo, your quilt is beautiful anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both are cute -
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your quilts are just adorable...love the snowman story...LOL. I collect snow people and the nice part of them vs. Christmas "thingys" is the snow people can stay out long after the holiday is over. I like that! Plus, they go sooo well with red, a favorite color of mine. Great job CHris.
    I publish my pics from Picasa 3 and it allows you to rotate, crop, zoom in, adjust color, etc. Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pupazzi di neve sono molto simpatici!
    Il secondo quilt è delizioso!
    Ciao Domenica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the second quilt, although both are nice. The second one has so much color and design in it. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris - welcome to blogland - fun isn't it? I love your quilts, love the story of your great dane (what a character!) and no, thank goodness I don't have any Hermans in my life! Yikes! You may have been scarred for life with those chicken feet! Disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous gift from your friend.
    The snowman story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both quilts are beautiful and I love your DH's version of the story...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly, welcome to blogging. I am new this year, too! And blogger misbehaved for me for a while...

    Your snowman quilt it cute! "Audrey's Gift" is lovely... what a nice friend!

    ...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chris.
    I love both your quilts. Snowmen are my favourites and your quilt is so cute. I am also a big fan of HSTs and love the festive colours in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both your quilts. They are both so great! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both your quilts and your post on the mouse in the house was a riot. Great job on both. Your snowman story was too funny. Love Lois

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the snowman/woman quilt, and the story your DH has made up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet quilts. I love the snowman quilt...I love anything snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute, both of them & theres nothing like snow people with a story!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful quilts. I really like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your DH's story. What a riot!!!! With that sense of humor, you'll never have to worry about being the center snowcouple block :) Thank you for sharing both your quilts and the hilarious story!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that's funny!!! The snowmen are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the snowman quilt and the cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute quilt even sideways.
    I us iPhoto you have a rotate option.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.