Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

True Confessions

I know I said I was boring in my last blog, that all i do is hole up in my "cave" and sew.  What I didn't tell you is why I hole up in there and what I am avoiding.  I decided it is time to fess up and be honest.
This is what my living room looks like:




 And my dining room looks like this:



Yes, that's a lot of junk.

My MIL passed away in January 2010. You can see her comical photo in the middle of the third photo.  It took my beloved spouse and his brother until November 2010 to get things organized and move their father to a facility near us.  Part of the cleanup involved absolutely STUFFING a semi trailer with all the "stuff" from the family home that they couldn't bear to part with.  BIG HUGE SIGH.  It has been sitting in my living room since the trailer arrived at my front door a few weeks before Christmas.

So, yes, my dining room has TWO dining room tables, one stacked on the other, and two couches, also stacked one on another.  Many of the boxes in the living room are full of "contested" items.  In other words, things both my beloved and his brother want.  In my Not so humble opinion, the brother can HAVE IT ALL.  DH disagrees.  SECOND BIG HUGE SIGH.

What I didn't show you was my upstairs landing with is clogged with contested artwork  

So, there you have it.  If you don't get a new post from me in over a week, notify whoever the group is that is responsible for finding people lost in the woods or buried under earthquake rubble.

Thanks to Sue Rasmussen I will leave you with this quote to ponder:


"Clutter is a physical manifestation
of fear that cripples our ability to grow."
H.G. Chissell 
 
I think it fits what my spouse is facing after losing his mom.

1 comment:

  1. My wife did not have proper governmental authority to post these pictures...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.