Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kindle Cover

My son celebrated his 26th birthday last week.  I know, I must have had him when I was 9.  Anyway, he bought himself a Kindle and I said I'd get him a cover.  Really, I meant I'd make him a cover.  Nothing says LOVE like a handmade item, right?  Well, the day came and went and nothing arrived from mom (Bad Mom!).  It has been on my To Do list for WEEKS!

He was in town yesterday for some online something or other and stayed over with us to have breakfast and debate the merits of his Law School education.  I asked if a homemade Kindle cover would be OK.  The sweet thing said, "Yeah."  It turns out I had extra fabric from the computer cover I made him so he got a little more enthused about the project.

Chica and Jo have a very clever Custom Kindle Cover tutorial on their blog.  DS1 took a nap (those online whatevers are very exhausting and they run late - 3:30AM!) while I set to work.

TA DA!  1.5 hours later, I had this to give him. He was VERY happy with it. 


Here it is folded flat.
















Here it is set up like an easel to make reading easier











 If you like it stop by Chica and Jo's and make one for yourself or someone you love.

I read a good quote recently and thought it would be good to share here.

There are only two options: Make progress or make excuses.

There ya go.  Get out there and make progress.
CHRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.