Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

OOPS

I asked my DH to help me figure out the "Comments" part of my blog.  "Just go to my blog and post a comment for me."  His sharp intake of breath reminded me that the previous post was probably not one he should have seen. :-/

Just imagine me slapping myself on the forehead.

Oh well.  We are having a lazy Sunday morning reading in bed on our laptops.  I don't think it gets any better than that.

Here is the view I awaken to every morning:

"Keep Me Sane, Jane"

Well, not the EXACT view.  This shot of my Dear Jane quilt was taken at the San Diego Quilt show a few years ago.  She hangs on the wall at the foot of my bed so I get to see her every morning.  I started this quilt the same year we started a MASSIVE remodel of our home.  I bet my DH that I would finish the quilt before he finished the remodel.  It was not a bet I wanted to win but I did.  It took me two years to get the top together and another 18 months for a group of Amish ladies to hand quilt it (the rules of our bet were somewhat loose).  Nevertheless, it is done and the house still is not.  Someday I'll write a few posts about the whole remodeling nightmare adventure. That will help you completely understand why I named her "Keep Me Sane, Jane."

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
-Mark Twain
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.