Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Floribunda Adventure


I have been enjoying looking at all the floribunda quilts that Bonnie Hunter has inspired but it wasn't till I saw the one on Impera Magna's blog that I knew I had to make one also.  Since she is giving hers away, I convinced her that we should have a little quilt along using scraps to make one of our own.  She wrote a great post about it opening it up to any and all who want to join us.

I got so excited that I had to dig through my scraps for all my florals.  I learned something about myself:  I'm not a floral kinda girl!  Those who really know me are saying "DUH!" right now but I was really sure that I had MOUNTAINS of florals.  Here's what I found.

This puny pile of florals!!  I was SHOCKED, I tell you, SHOCKED!



After choosing the pieces that will be big enough, here is what I have.


I better choose a background with lots of pizazz because this group doesn't exactly bring it on its own!

So, who wants to play with us?  I think we'll be getting started at the end of September or beginning of October.  That should give all of us some time to finish up what we're working on and clear the decks for our mini quilt along.

I hope your weekend is turning out to be fun.


When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. 
When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. 
That's relativity.     - Albert Einstein

To paraphrase: When you're not a floral girl, 
A yard of florals seems like mountains.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.