Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Quilts for Japan

I managed to get a box sent off to Quiltmaker with quilts for their humanitarian efforts for Japan.  (WHEW that was a really awkward sentence!)  My friend Patti gave me two of hers to include.  The quilt above if one of the ones I made.


Here's the second quilt I sent off.
 I love this bright quilt.  I made it from a pattern on Bonnie Hunter's website.  It's called Scrap X.  I also really like the back that I made from 10-inch squares of a bunch of leftover kid fabric that I've been hoarding hanging on to for a long time.  This quilt is a great way to use up all those short strips that you can't bear to waste.

(BTW these two photos look odd because Blogger won't keep them rotated in the correct orientation.  SIGH)

The next two quilts were made by Patti.  When I first started quilting I would hang onto every quilt I made.  Patti would generously give away quilts right and left.  I was amazed at her generosity.  After ten years of quilting, I am finally finding myself easily parting with quilts.  It feels good.  I am at peace knowing that it is the PROCESS of making the quilt that I really love.  I don't have to own it too.




Go forth and donate.  It feels good!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is every wasted." 
                                                            - Aesop



1 comment:

  1. Wow... y'all have been busy! I am more and more drawn to scrappy quilts and I love pieced backs! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.