Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I've been bad. Very bad.

At least as far as blogging, I've been bad.  I think the fire and being out of my office for two weeks was a little more discombobulating than I thought it would be.  Apparently, I use my office computer to write most of my blogs and it was unavailable for two weeks so I went AWOL.




This is the tiny amount of fire damage our office experienced but what a lot of smell!  Just above the fire is the always-open window in the bathroom connected to my office so all the smoke went in there.  Also, the burned studs are right where an outlet in my bathroom is and the whole area of wall inside the bathroom had to be torn out and rebuilt.

I did scrub the entire bathroom and all the contents but the next day it smelled just as bad so we called in an expert.  They sent in a team who rescrubbed every surface, every item, every square inch of everything in my office and bathroom.  They found things and places that I didn't know existed.  Then they sealed the rooms and turned on an ozone machine overnight. The next day there was no more smoke smell and the weird ozone smell dissipated after a few hours.  I finally got back in my office last Thursday.  YIPPEE!!  It feels good to be "home" again.

I have lots to report on the quilting front from the last two weeks but that will be for another post which I promise will be sooner than two weeks from now.


He is the happiest, be he king or peasant,
who finds peace in his home.
                                                              Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


2 comments:

  1. Wow... you have been busy! I'm glad you were able to find some help with the lingering smoke smell and are now back in your office.... and back to your computer! We have been missing you in Blog-Land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow who would think that little bit would cause such a smell?? you were smart to call the experts. can't wait to see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.