Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May UFO Assignment and My Luckiest Day ever.

Judy pulled #9 for our next challenge.  Here is the next victim:


I am actually very excited to be finishing this quilt because I think it's going to be very cool looking.  I think it may even be appropriate for a man and that type of quilt seems to be hard to achieve.  Check back at the end of the month and see how it turned out.

SO, today turned out to be the luckiest day ever because my office didn't burn down.  My husband and I own a very old house (OK, old to California, I can hear you east coast people laughing) that our two businesses share.  He has the front half and I have the back half.  Apparently, the main power comes into the house right outside my bathroom window.  When I arrived at work this morning the whole house smelled like someone had made a campfire in an old washtub somewhere under the house.  It was a very bad, very strong smell.  I looked EVERYWHERE and saw nothing burning or smoking, nothing.  So, I called the old man and made him come to figure out what was going on. Long story short, after spending a lot of time searching the attic, he finally made an inspection of the exterior of the house and discovered that a tree had pulled down the power line that entered the house.  It sparked and caught a section of the wall and insulation on fire.  Thanks to good living and poor home-ownership, it turns out that the whoever installed the power line did a poor job that left the wall open to some leakage.  The large amount of rain we've had made the whole wall soggy which must have extinguished the fire before it caught the whole house on fire.  We had to call the power company.  They turned off all power which made today a holiday for me.  Tomorrow I get to go scrub all the walls in my bathroom and office. I also get to remove all the stuff I store in my bathroom.  Sounds a whole lot better than finding a new office and all the headaches and paperwork and lost income that would involve.

SO, you see, today was a lucky day.

It's not the event that determines how you feel- 
it's the meaning you attach to the event.
--me!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... that was a close call there, Miz Chris! Don't envy you all the scrubbing and moving today but... as you said, much better than burned down offices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky! Glad things "worked out" so to speak. Can't wait to see what you do with #9

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.