Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Design Wall Monday


Well, I thought I might be able to get  back into some more regular blogging but I don't seem to have that sort of discipline. 

This quilt isn't exactly on my design wall, it's on the quilting machine.  It's done being quilted and I actually have the binding done as well.  I will post a full picture of it later.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I had a lot of fun with the quilting.  Along the outer border, I freehanded some snowflakes - no picture :-( , on the inner border I freehanded snowmen.  You can see what I am talking about in the striped border to the left.  They really DO NOT look like snowmen - more like a series of ovals!!  Oh well, it was a good exercise.   I quilted little packages along the lower border, you can see just the tops of them in  the striped border on the right side of the photo.  IT was fun to make different motifs to fit the different blocks.

Check out Judy's blog to see what others have on their design walls.

3 comments:

  1. Very fancy... I turned my head sideways and the ovals did become snow folks! Love the bows on the packages...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris I love the quilting-that's my favorite kind freehand and having fun in the different areas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilting, Chris! I hope you pop back into blogland soon to show us the finished quilt. It is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.