Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Estate Sale

A dear quilting friend of ours passed away two years ago.  Her family asked our guild to pick up several boxes of fabric to use for our charity work.  They went through the 50 boxes her family put on the patio and culled fabric appropriate to our work.  They took about 25 boxes to Patti's house.  So, when I got an announcement that there was to be an estate sale at her house I didn't expect to find much.  I did have my eye on her Juki machine but I thought that was all I would take home.




I was a little wrong.

I dug in and managed to find 70 yards of excellent fabric.  The upper photo is stuff that I will feed into my stash.  The lower fabric is marked for Quilts of Valor.  You can see a glimpse of the Juki behind the QOV fabric!

I washed and folded for two days.  Washed and folded, washed and folded.  Oh My, was I tired by Sunday night.

Drumroll, please.  I was charged $50.00 for all this fabric.  I think I am going to have a lot of fun. 

What is your greatest fabric purchase?

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow... 70 yds for $50? Cool... however, that is a lot of washing, drying, and folding... glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I have ever brought home 70 yards of fabric at one shot. Back at the first Gold country retreat we went to The Pharmacy that had fabric in the back of the store. It was inexpensive and I bought a lot, but still nothing like your haul. I also had an opportunity to go through stash of a friend's mother who was moving into Assisted Living, or at least downsizing. That was free, and the best thing I got was a brand new (or just about) cutting board, along with a small selection of fabric. Then there are a few bolts of wool I got for free from my SIL's mother's craft room.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.