Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Monday, March 5, 2012

It's starting to come together


I've been playing around with these blocks ever since I put them on my 2012 UFO list. Well, Judy pulled their number this month.  I have mixed emotions about that.  1. I'm nervous about how this will turn out and, 2. I'll be so relieved to have them done and gone!

I've seen a few asymmetrical settings around blog land and decided that may be the ticket for these wonky blocks.  I found a tiny bit of pale lavender solid that I think will work well for the background. Maybe you can see it in the upper left quadrant.  Darn! That's all I have. I guess I'll be forced to make a trip to Rosie's to find more :-).

Go over to Patchwork Times and see what's on everyone else's walls.

Chris.

2 comments:

  1. What a contrast to your now-finished February UFO! These wonky blocks have great potential...I can imagine them set next to one another, using more strips, slivers, and angled pieces and then a big daisy-like flower appliqued on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wonky blocks are soooo cool! Now I wanna make some... *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.