Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I thought I could cook

I never fooled myself into thinking I was any sort of chef but I have always believed I could follow a recipe and turn out something good to eat.  (Well, there was the infamous Turkey Lasagne fiasco that my family has never let me forget....)  Then I tried to make a Dutch Baby Pancake.  Posie Gets Cozy made it look soooo appetizing. 
From http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy

The spouse was gone and I thought I'd treat myself.

I found a good recipe and set to work.  I heated the pan in the oven, I mixed up the batter, I swirled butter (YUMMM), I poured the batter and returned the yumminess to the oven.  It just didn't seem right, though, so I rechecked the recipe:  eggs, check; flour, check; salt, check; milk - UH OH.  Here's what came back out of the oven:


Yup!  A hockey puck.  I tried a bite out of curiosity.   Izzy wanted it but I fed it to the garbage instead.

Since my error seemed easy to correct I went ahead and made another one.  Perfection!!



It tasted just as good as it looked.  If you've never made one of these pancakes, give it a try.  They are super easy and when you follow the actual recipe, they're pretty darn tasty!

Go make a Dutch Baby

1 comment:

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.