Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gotta Start Somewhere

I have been a MAJOR blog lurker for years.  I thought it would be cool to have my own blog but...what in the world would I write about? After agonizing pondering about it for quite some time, I decided to dive in see how it feels.

A little about me:  I have a husband, two grown sons and a Great Dane who runs the house.  I quilt, walk, listen to books on my iPod, and have a small therapy practice.  But mostly I quilt.  It has become quite the obsession with  me.  My DH considers it my therapy.  His theory is that after trying to help people solve problems all day it is nice for me to work with something that doesn't have any complaints and does whatever I ask it to do.  He might be right.  All I know is that I get cranky if I don't sew for a few days.

The problem with this obsession is that it can quickly take over.  Everything.  My Studio Q (as my sisters dubbed it) is an absolute wreck.  I have been looking for the motivation to get some things finished and moved out when I came upon Finn's UFO challenge.  I signed up and pledged to finish FIVE things by the end of the year.  It's a rather wimpy goal but I like to succeed :-)  I put her button on the right.  I don't think it will link back to her blog but try this and see if it will get you there  Pieces From My Scrapbag.

Thanks for stopping by.






2 comments:

  1. Awesome Chris, welcome aboard!! We have such a lot of fun, and no pressure. It's as serious or casual as you want to make it. We'll cheer you on, and let you cry on our shoulder if you need it. Every finish is a winner, even if it a room getting organized(mine is a major mess most of the time! I'm putting you down for 5,that can be revised if need be. Hugs, Finn Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think quilting is a great obsession to have. Enjoy blogging..it's fun and you make some great friends, like Finn.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.