Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Design Wall Monday


The Husband has been hinting (if you can call outright whining a hint) that everyone has a quilt but him.  He's right, of course.  When I was at the Road to California in January I was struck by the graphic lines and sophisticated colors of this Cherrywood Fabrics kit.  It's not a large quilt because he only wanted one to hang in the conference room at his office.  This is what I was able to accomplish at our guild retreat a few weeks ago.

Do you realize that there are 49 (FORTY-NINE!) friggin' little circles on this quilt top??!!  Applique is not my friend.  However, I have a new best friend, Piecelique by Sharon Schamber.

Now I realize this should also be on my UFO list!
I'll get it done.  You'll keep me honest.

Be creative,
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a manly quilt. Gorgeous fabrics. He's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you used fusible interfacing and machine applique? That's how I do my circles or the freezer paper and glue method. Both make circle blocks move right along.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.